Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bird Dreams


Bird Dreams 
by Clair Anna Rose


Materials: Pages from a Phyllis Whitney Book, plastic eggs, faux bird, garage sale find cage, fishing line and metal eye hooks.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what to say about this one. When I get into a creative space I usually have something in mind when I begin, but as soon as I get started other ideas bubble up. This was an idea that bubbled up as I was creating another piece that inspired me to begin. I think it was a snowy day (it often is, that snow bound state tends to lend itself to creativity--nowhere to go, nothing else to do, nowhere to be. If I can't see the street I keep to the house.)

I see the bird as the dreamer and the eggs her dreams. We put ourselves into cages when we keep our dreams just out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment